Saturday 6 August 2011

Days Out: Woodbridge

 My friend Rechenda and I are big thrift lovers so we decided to go to a little town called Woodbridge very close to where we live to check out the thrift stores over there. I've been thrifting there before and didn't find much and unfortunatly, I didn't find any treasures today....HOWEVER....we had such a great time and found different kinds of treasures. I love Rechenda, she's a little fire cracker - we love similar things, we love doing similar things and get excited of the same things (like all things retro/antique,  and quint little hang outs). I think I've found my kindred spirit.

 The first thrift store we went into had a whole pile of cool looking old cameras and this baby pink beauty defiantly caught our eye.

 Who doesn't love an old fashioned sweet shop. This one is my favourite to date. I am however suffering the consequences of indulging in these sweets I've decided to call the oxy morons. Rechenda bought me these sour sweets which were so sour and gross yet enjoyable and kinda moorish. Strange.  he roof of my mouth feels like it's on fire every time I try to eat anything.
 Huge boat house for sale by the docks. The thing has a table and chairs on top. Imagine a candle lite dinner there. I wish I could buy it.
The gorgeous Rechenda

Me...eyes closed. I blame the wind.

 We then went to check out this little pub/restaurant called The Moorish Lounge. They apparently do live jazz music on Sundays so we're wobbling over there for a bit of munch and jazz next Sunday afternoon. Cannot wait.
One of the places we've added on the list to take on a test drive. The Cross is a cute little vegetarian restaurant which was featured in Vogue magazine so it's got to be awesome.
 CRAB STICKS!! the last time I had a crab stick was over a million years ago, but today we stopped of at a local fish mongers and Rechenda bought a load of this which we munched on, on the drive home. SO GOOD. I think they will be my new obsession.

Of course we had to stop and get a few yummies. I bought a butternut squash (one of my fave veggies), sharon fruit, cute little blue berries, a delicious looking chorizo sausage and some mozzarella. Rechenda picked up her bits too.

It might sound strange but I love shopping for my fruits, veggies, cheese's and meats so it's lovely to find someone that enjoys it too :).

No comments:

Post a Comment